Discover the great taste of lentils and chickpeas by whipping up this quick and easy salad, which packs nearly 8 g of fibre and protein. You can eat this salad on its own, or add it to your favorite leafy green.
Serves: 8 / Prep Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients (for the salad):
- 2 cups Chickpeas, cooked
- 2 cups Lentils, cooked
- 1 cup Yellow peppers, chopped
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 Tbsp Sun-dried tomato balsamic dressing (see below)
Ingredients (for the dressing):
- ¼ cup Drained oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup Water
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tsp Oregano, dried
- ½ tsp Granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1/3 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- For the dressing: Rinse and pat tomatoes dry; finely chop and place in small bowl. Add ½ cup (125 mL) water, vinegar, garlic, oregano, sugar and pepper; whisk to combine. Whisking constantly, drizzle in oil in slow steady stream until combined.
- For the salad: Combine salad ingredients in a bowl
- Add 4 tbsp. of dressing. Mix well and let refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts: Per ¾ cup (approx. 1/8th of recipe)
Calories: 168 / Total Fat 3.9g (saturated 0.5g, trans fat 0g) / Sodium 7.5mg / Carbohydrate 26.3g (Fibre 7.6g) / Protein 8.4g
Recipe by: Jessica