Try enjoying this recipe as a post-meal treat, or use it to jazz up your morning oatmeal at breakfast.
Serves: 6 / Prep Time: 10 minute / Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 6 Medium apple, washed, cored (leave skins on)
- 3/4 cup Dry Oatmeal (oats)
- 6 tbsp Raisins
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch Nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup Water
- Wash and core apple. Place apples in an oven safe dish.
- In a small bowl toss oats, raisins and spices; stuff evenly into each cored apple.
- Add just enough water to baking dish to cover the bottom; approximately ¼ cup.
- Drizzle each apple with ~½ tsp of maple syrup.
- Bake, uncovered at 350° for about 30 minutes, or until apples are tender. Baste with juices occasionally. Great for a quick breakfast in next morning.
Nutrition Information: Per 1 baked apple
Calories: 156 / Total Fat: 1g (Saturated fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g) / Sodium: 4mg / Carbohydrates: 38g (Fibre: 5g, Sugars: 24g (2g added, 22g naturally occurring)) / Protein 2g
Recipe by Jessica