Serves: 6 / Prep time: 20 minutes / Total time: 20 minutes
Adapted from Curried Chickpea Salad by Alexis Joseph, MS RD at hummusapien.com
This chickpea salad is a fantastic meal prep idea for satisfying lunches all week long! Whip it up on the weekend and package into individual containers for an easy lunch or dinner. It also travels well and makes a great option for picnic lunches.
Chickpeas take on so many flavours so well and this curry dressing is no exception. The veggies give this salad a fresh crunch and the raisins add just a bit of sweetness to the recipe. You won’t mind eating this salad for lunch every day!
Chickpeas are a great source of complex carbohydrates, fibre, protein, and plant phytochemicals. Using them as a base in this salad gives you a great source of both protein and carbohydrates – along with the veggies, you have a balanced, satisfying meal in a bowl!
- 2 19-oz cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 6 medium green onions, chopped
- 4 medium-sized celery stalks, chopped
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 – 2 tbsp curry masala spice, to taste: start with the first tbsp, if you need more spice add the second
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. If chickpeas were unsalted, add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over salad ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Serve immediately or keep in the fridge up to 1 week.
Recipe by Lauren